Education and Training
Graduate of Harvard Medical School, U.S.C. Magna Cum Laude, with residency and fellowship from top institutions – your vision is in good hands!
University of Southern California
Bachelors Degree, Major in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
- Magna Cum Laude [i]University Honor. To be eligible for this undergraduate honor at graduation, a minimum overall grade point average of 3.7 is required
- Order of the Palm [i]The highest award given to graduating seniors who have shown exemplary leadership and scholarship. Less than one percent of each graduating class is selected
- Milo Don Appleman Jr., M.D. Memorial Award [i]This award is given to the most outstanding graduating senior pursuing a career in the health sciences, as determined by the faculty and lab directors.
- J. Wesley Robb Endowed Scholarship in Human Value [i]Awarded to the student who has demonstrated significant moral leadership on campus and has shown evidence of a deep commitment to human values and a concern for other persons
- Skull and Dagger Senior Honor Society [i]The Skull and Dagger Society is the all-university honor society at the University of Southern California. The Society is primarily for graduating seniors consisting of leaders, scholars, and student-athletes.
- Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society [i]The premier national honor society for college seniors. Only a select few students on each campus are invited to join this esteemed society – an honor that places them among the most amazing college scholar-leaders in the U.S.
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society [i]the oldest national honor society, recognizing achievement in the liberal arts and sciences, primarily in the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences. The society was established in 1776.
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society [i]Oldest interdisciplinary university academic honor society. Selects members with excellent scholarship and integrity of character.
Harvard Medical School
- Harvard Linnane Scholar [i]Award for academic excellence and community leadership.
- Harvard National Scholar [i]This scholarship was established in the early 1930s to draw the nation’s top students to attend Harvard University.
- Phi Beta Kappa Graduate Scholarship
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Scholarship
Harvard Medical University , A Top Medical Institution
★ Top 1 Medical School in the World based on the QS World University Rankings 2015
★ Top 1 Best Medical School based on U.S. News & World Report LP. Rankings 2016
★ Top 1 Top University for Medicine based on QS World University Rankings Rankings 2016
LAC+USC Medical Center/
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (NIH)
My Harvard education was a direct benefit of my parents, who understood the value of a great education. Somehow they knew I would commit to educating my patients just as they did for me.David Richardson, MD