Dr. David Richardson
In The Media
Traditional and New Media Presence
In the Media
Dr. David Richardson is committed to educating the public on blindness prevention and providing a quick response to all inquiries from the media.
About David Richardson, MD
David Richardson, MD is widely recognized as one of the top cataract and glaucoma surgeons in the US and is among an elite group of glaucoma surgeons in the country performing the highly specialized canaloplasty procedure. Morever, Dr. Richardson is one of only a few surgeons in the greater Los Angeles area that performs Micropulse® “Cyclophotocoagulation” (MP3) glaucoma laser surgery.
Dr. David Richardson is a California board certified eye surgeon, specializing in the treatment of Cataract and Glaucoma. He is the Medical Director and Chief Surgeon of San Marino Eye, an Ophthalmology office in San Marino, California.
He has authored a patient-centered book on Cataract, “So, You’ve Got A Cataract?” and written many articles about glaucoma and cataract on his blogs, New-Glaucoma-Treatments.com and About-Eyes.com, respectively.
Dr. David Richardson is also an Ambassador of Glaucoma Research Foundation. As an Ambassador, he advocates for patient education, develops educational materials, and makes patient education a key component in his practice.
- McCulloch, Holistic Nutrition: Complementary Glaucoma Therapies. Today’s Dietitian. Volume: 18 , Issue: 11 November 2016, page(s): 18 – 20
- SoCal Board Certified Eye Surgeon Discusses New Book [Video]. CBS Los Angeles.
http://cbsloc.al/1bbBP84. Published December 30, 2012.
- Richardson, D. Growing Your Practice With Canaloplasty. Advanced Ocular Care. October 2012
- Kekevian , B. The Evolution of Combined Cataract-Glaucoma Procedures. Ophthamology
Management, Volume: 16 , Issue: August 2012, page(s): 46 – 48
- Professional Fireworks Displays Can Cause Eye Damage [Video]. abc7.com.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=8725115&pid=8725060. Published July 04, 2012.
- Fireworks Can Injure Your Eyes – Experts [Video]. abc7.com.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=8723791&pid=8723789. Published July 03, 2012.
- Haas, J. New Glaucoma Treatment Signals Breakthrough. The Orange County Register
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/eye-345633-glaucoma-new.html Published March 2012
- Radcliffe N. Cognitive Dissonance in Glaucoma Treatment. Glaucoma Today, Feb. 2012
- Vold S, Barnebey H, Morgan M, Richardson D, Sarkisian S, Jr. Canaloplasty: Redefining Glaucoma
Management for the 21st Century. Glaucoma Today Supplement, Oct. 2011
- A Treatment For Glaucoma? [Video]. CBS Los Angeles. http://cbsloc.al/1bbAQ7J. Published April 20, 2011.
- New Glaucoma Surgery Avoids Penetration [Video]. abc7.com.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7779389&pid=7779376. Published November 10, 2010.
- McDonald II, J.E. To shield or not to shield? EyeWorld ASCRS.
http://www.eyeworld.org/article-to-shield-or-not-to-shield- Published September 2009
- Pear, R. Doctors Press Senate to Undo Medicare Cuts. New York Times.
http://nyti.ms/18WYbti Published July 7, 2008
Talks, Trainings and Presentations
What’s New in Glaucoma Medication? Webinar Speaker, Glaucoma Research Foundation; June 12, 2020
New Horizons in Devices. Co-Moderator at: The Glaucoma 360 New Horizons Forum; February 7, 2020; San Francisco, CA, USA;
Co-Author of US Provisional Patent, “Novel Implant Device for Scaffolding the Conventional Aqueous Humor Outflow Pathway of the Eye”, Filed December 19, 2019
Canaloplasty: A Flexible Glaucoma Treatment. Presentation at: Congress Of Chinese Ophthalmological Society; September 4-8, 2019; Jiangsu, China.
- MIGS Skills Transfer Lab. Instructor at: The American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS); May 6, 2019.
- MIGS Surgical Approaches Sub-Specialty Session (Ab-Interno Canaloplasty). Faculty at: The ASCRS and ASOA Annual Meeting Technicians and Nurses Program, May 6 2019.
- 2nd International Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) symposium. Presentation at: 12th Annual Chinese Glaucoma Congress; November 16, 2018, Guiyang, China.
- Myth Busters, SLT/ABiC. Session Panelist at: 2018 Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO); October 27-28, 2018; Chicago, IL.
- Hands-on Skills Transfer Lab on AB Interno Canaloplasty (ABiC) at: 2018 International Congress on Glaucoma Surgery; September 8, 2018; Montreal, Canada.
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) Roundtable Participant at: Guangzhou Glaucoma Forum; April 22, 2018; Guangzhou, China.
- Canaloplasty: A Flexible Glaucoma Treatment. Presentation at: 2nd Annual XiaoXiang International Ophthalmology Forum; April 21, 2018; Changsha, China.
- Hands-on Skills Transfer Lab on AB Interno Canaloplasty (ABiC) at: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) Annual; April 2018; Washington, D.C
- Making the Transition from Ab-Externo Canaloplasty to Ab-Interno Canaloplasty (ABiC). Presentation at: 33rd Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (APAO); February 2018: Hong Kong.
- APAO 2018 MIGS Symposium. Speaker and ABiC Wet Lab Co-Instructor at: 33rd Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress; Feb 7-11, 2018; Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Hands-on Skills Transfer on Ab Externo Canaloplasty; April 2017; Hoyerswerda, Germany
- Hands-on Skills Transfer on AB Interno Canaloplasty (ABiC) at Universitätsklinikum Halle (Saale); April 2017; Halle, Germany;
- Currently Available Methods to Treat Open Angle Glaucoma; San Gabriel Valley Optometric Society (SGVOS) Continuing Education Dinner Event; April 12, 2017; Pasadena, CA
- Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery – How Do the Marketing Compare To Reality? Joint University of Southern California (USC) – San Gabriel Valley Optometric Society (SGVOS) Annual CE Symposium; October 2016; Embassy Suites in Arcadia, CA
- A Clear Vision, What’s New in Cataract Surgery; Community Health Education Center, San Gabriel Valley Medical Center; May, 2016; San Gabriel, CA 91776
- So You’ve Got a Cataract. Crowell Public Library; January, 2016; San Marino, CA 91108
- What’s New in Glaucoma Surgery. Continuing Education course for Optometrists; May, 2015; Pasadena, CA 91105
- Adios, Sayonara, Goodbye Medicare. Presentation at: American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) 6th Annual Meeting “Cataract Surgery:Telling It Like It Is”!; January, 2015; Sarasota, Florida
- Canaloplasty New Glaucoma Treatment. Presentation at: San Gabriel Valley Medical Center Health Talk ; November, 2014; San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Provisioning for the Opt Out Journey. Presentation at: Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) 70th Annual Meeting Summit To Save American Medicine; September, 2013; Denver, CO.
- Escape From Medicare. Presentation at: Meeting of Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons (MoSEPS); April, 2013; Jefferson City, MO.
- Canaloplasty – A Focus on the Patient. iScience Didactic and Users Meeting Presentation at: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2012 Symposium; April, 2012; Chicago, Illinois.
- Canaloplasty Patient Outcomes At 250 Days Post-Op. iScience Didactic and Users Meeting Presentation: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2012 Symposium; April, 2012; Chicago, Illinois.
- Building Your Surgical Practice: It’s Time to Drop the Drops for Glaucoma. Workshop Presentation at: Hawaian Eye & Retina 2012; January, 2012; Wallea, Maui.
- The Right Procedure at the Right Time. iScience Didactic For Fellows Presentation at: American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) 2011; October, 2011;
New Media • Online Presence
This site is focused on glaucoma, glaucoma treatments and Canaloplasty. Dr. David Richardson provides information about glaucoma treatment options, studies and researches related to glaucoma.
This is where Dr. David Richardson provides valuable information about cataracts, cataract surgeries, intraocular lenses and other eye diseases.
Official Book Website of “So, You’ve Got A Cataract?” a patient-centered book about cataracts and cataract surgery written by Dr. David Richardson and published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
Cataract Surgery Book: CBS KCAL9 Los Angeles, CA
We are joined this morning by Dr. David Richardson. He’s a Southern California board-certified eye surgeon specializing in treatment of cataracts and glaucoma…
Canaloplasty: CBS KCAL9 Los Angeles, CA
Well, there’s a new treatment now for people with Glaucoma and iIt’s called Canaloplasty. KCAL9: It’s a minimally invasive procedure, reduces the infection and bleeding. With us today, Dr. David Richardson, who’ll explain more about this breakthrough…
Canaloplasty: ABC News Los Angeles
Glaucoma blinds about a hundred thousands Americans every year. It slowly destroys vision because it is so very difficult to control. Now, there’s a new procedure that may take care…
Today’s Dietitian Magazine
Growing Your Practice With Canaloplasty
Advanced Ocular Care
Cognitive Dissonance in Glaucoma Treatment
Redefining Glaucoma Management for the 21st Century
The Orange County Register
Professional Fireworks Displays Can Cause Eye Damage
Doctors Press Senate to Undo Medicare Cuts
The New York Times
To shield or not to shield?
Professional Photos for Download
(Click the photo to enlarge. Then, right-click to download.)