Whom Shall You See?
You do have the freedom (and the responsibility), to choose your doctor. Your choice of doctor should be determined by you, and not pre-determined by your insurance vendor.
But sadly for most people, their choice of doctor has already been pre-determined for them the moment they/their companies purchase insurance. Don’t let this happen to you. If you believe you deserve more than what your current healthcare provides, do something about it.
If you believe you deserve personalized care, more time, attention and compassion from your doctor, demand it.
If you feel the treatment you are getting is not based on your real needs and is limited by the restrictions of your insurance, speak up. Seek better options if you have to. Options do exist.
Who Sees Me?
You’d be surprised to know that many of my patients are not financially well off. Many of them also have insurance. So why do they come to see me? Usually it is the sheer frustration they have with the restrictions insurance places on their existing doctors. They want a personal connection. They want personalized care.
Here are some of the most common reasons why patients come to see me. Can you relate?
- My prior doctor didn’t seem to listen.
- He seemed distracted or uninterested in what I have to say.
- My doctor didn’t explain things properly.
- He dismissed many of my questions and concerns.
- I need the feeling of security and trust that my vision is in good hands (I didn’t get that from my prior doctor.)
- I’m not sure my prior doctor performed a thorough exam on my eyes (I’m worried that something could have been missed).
- I felt that my prior doctor did not have enough experience nor the proper credentials.
- I have to wait for days, weeks even, just to get an appointment with my doctor.
- I feel I am always being rushed.