Care Partner with Dr. Richardson
Dr. David Richardson is a Southern California board certified eye surgeon specializing in the treatment of Cataract and Glaucoma. He is also the medical director of San Marino Eye (vision center), located in San Marino, California. Dr. Richardson is among an elite group of glaucoma specialists in the country performing the highly specialized canaloplasty procedure.
Diseases treated and services provided by Dr. Richardson includes:
- Glaucoma evaluation and surgery
- Canaloplasty (New Glaucoma Treatment. Find out if you qualify for Canaloplasty)
- Cataracts (view “So You’ve Got a Cataract?” award winning book – by Dr. Richardson)
- Macular Degeneration (AMD) evaluation
- Dry Eye Syndrome (DES) evaluation
- Red Eye evaluation
- Diabetes-related eye diseases
- Glaucoma therapy and surgery
- Medical retina
- General ophthalmology
Since the focus of Dr. Richardson is on advanced surgical treatment of eye diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts, he does not dispense eye wear nor does he have an optical shop – it is common for Dr. Richardson to refer his patients to Partnering Optometrists for care and management of refractive errors and prescription of contact lens and/or spectacles. If patients do not have an existing optometrist, Dr. Richardson refers to one of his Care Partnering optometrists according to home address. Likewise, our Care Partnering optometrists may refer patients to Dr. Richardson with more complex medical conditions needing further diagnosis, medication prescription, and advanced surgical treatment.
Currently, we work closely with many optometrists in the San Gabriel and Coachella valleys on shared responsibility of patient care (if applicable and with patient’s consent).
Care Partnership Program
Unique to partnering with Dr. Richardson is your inclusion into our comprehensive Care Partnership Program. This program was created to:
- improve patient outcomes through quality and effective shared care from Dr. Richardson and partnering optometrists;
- educate patients with appropriate information to allow them to make an informed decision in selecting their caregiver and treatment options;
- build mutual practice credibility through coordination of the doctor-patient relationship;
- create stronger professional relationships with our Care Partnering Optometrists.
- ensure compliance with specific regulations and relevant laws governing the practice of medicine and ophthalmology; and
- ensure the decision to share care responsibility is done ethically and with the patient’s best interest above all else.
Ease of Care Partnering Process
We’ve developed care partnership protocols to efficiently implement shared responsibility of patient care:
- General Care Partnership Policy
- Patient Choice and Consent Program
- Coordination of Patient Record
- Division of Care and Billing Protocol
- Private Contract
- Dr. Richardson’s Obligation
- Transfer Agreement
Patient Education Program
We know how critical patient education is in healthcare. And we know you want to provide your patients all the resources they need in order to make informed decisions. But there just isn’t enough time to develop quality patient education materials, is there? This is why we would like to share with you the resources we already have available for your use.
Continuing Medical Education
Dr. Richardson provides periodic medical education courses for care partnering optometrists.